Pursuant to Executive Order 2016-20, the lead agency designation for South Carolina’s Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part C program, known in South Carolina as “BabyNet,” will be transferred from South Carolina First Steps to School Readiness to the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, effective July 1, 2017.
CLICK HERE to visit the DHHS BabyNet website
The BabyNet Central Directory is an online directory of services for children ages birth to three with developmental delays or disabilities.
This directory is for use by anyone and is located on the United Way Association of South Carolina’s 2-1-1’s resource website.
Central Directory Instructional Guide
The BabyNet Central Directory has 15 search buttons to facilitate locating available resources, regardless of BabyNet eligibility.
To begin your search:
- Enter your county OR zip code or you may choose a statewide search by clicking on the bottom of the page.
- Select the category (button) you are most interested in to begin your search. Hovering over the category (button) will provide a description of those categories.
*The results that are returned are a total listing of resources available in that specific category.
If you would like to narrow down your search to be more specific:
- Select “Advanced Search” in the search box on the right side of the page.
- Type the narrow search criteria into the “(All of these words)” in the keywords section.
- Hit the Search button at the bottom of the page.
Example: If you began by entering the county and Therapy Providers (button) in the steps above, you might now type Physical Therapy in the All of these words box. You would now see only Physical Therapists in the county.
If you provide services to children and families in SC and are not currently listed on the directory, please complete and submit the Central Directory Provider Form to be considered for inclusion.
To make a referral or to get more information
call 1-877-621-0865 or send an email to email@example.com for assistance.